Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

Questions about the stimulus payment?

Filing with the IRS for the Stimulus Payment is both easy and free. Don't be misled by those who'll try to charge you a special fee to file. To qualify, you must have at least $3,000 in qualifying income (such as earned income, social security or disability benefits) for 2007, and file a 2007 federal tax return. If you are not otherwise required to file a tax return, this year you will need to file a simple version of the 1040A in order to receive the stimulus payment.

The Henderson County Public Library has the information and the forms you'll need to file, and all it will cost you is the price of a postage stamp. Even better, you may also file electronically for free at the IRS website. Visit and click on the free file icon.

Payments will start May 2. The last two-digits of your Social Security number and whether you opted for direct deposit into your financial account or a paper check will determine when you receive your payment.

No comments: