Future Air Traffic Controllers can now practice for important licensing exams online at their convenience. This is a welcome addition to the hundreds of practice tests available for free to library patrons through the LearningExpress Library website.
To become an air traffic controller for the FAA, you must graduate from an approved Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) program. Prior to graduation, you will be required to take a pre-employment test called the Air Traffic Selection and Training (AT-SAT) exam.
The LearningExpress AT-SAT Practice Exams offer Air Traffic Controller candidates the essential, authentic practice they need to perform their best on every section of this most important test.
We offer online practices based on the content of the seven official cognitive AT-SAT tests:
- Applied Math
- Dial Reading
- Letter Factory
- Air Traffic Scenarios
Each Practice Exam offers:
- 25 - 100 multiple-choice questions designed to familiarize examinees with the format and content of the official test
- Authentic practice with a computerized testing environment
- Instant online scoring and detailed answer explanations
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- The average salary for an air traffic controller is around $122,000 per year.
- Depending on length of service, air traffic controllers receive 13 to 26 days of paid vacation and 13 days of paid sick leave each year, in addition to life insurance and health benefits.
- Air traffic controllers held about 25,000 jobs in 2007.
- The vast majority of air traffic controllers are employed by the FAA.